Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-26-2011, 01:20 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Aww, I really liked all her outfits in Psyche. I thought they were adorable, so many bright colors and designs. That's where I got my dress-and-leggings penchant, from Alizee's Psyche wardrobe.
I think it may be a guy thing for the most part. I don't like any women wearing clothes that doesn't accentuate their form and beauty. The tow sack look just doesn't work for me.

I
Old 01-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
With that said I liked some of her wardrobe in interviews and especially the dress in the wind at Monaco. She was exquisite on all counts in that interview.
You know what, that's just the way people are. They have self-doubt. People are the most beautiful when they are themselves. But they don't know it.

Alizée, with the wind she was named after blowing in hair. Just being her herself. And exquisite on all counts, as peplepew so eloquently stated.

It reminds me of the comment from a woman I watched LIlly's La Javanaise with. She said, "she's beautiful, and so wholesome". This was from someone who had never seen anything else of Alizée. I just point this out because I think the "real" Alizée, the quiet, beautiful, wholesome mother with the exquisite voice is the best Alizée, and the one I really want to see and hear more of.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Aww, I really liked all her outfits in Psyche.
Agreed.<limit>
Old 01-26-2011, 01:30 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
You know what, that's just the way people are. They have self-doubt. People are the most beautiful when they are themselves. But they don't know it.

Alizée, with the wind she was named after blowing in hair. Just being her herself. And exquisite on all counts, as peplepew so eloquently stated.

It reminds me of the comment from a woman I watched LIlly's La Javanaise with. She said, "she's beautiful, and so wholesome". This was from someone who had never seen anything else of Alizée. I just point this out because I think the "real" Alizée, the quiet, beautiful, wholesome mother with the exquisite voice is the best Alizée, and the one I really want to see and hear more of.
You nailed it S. I got in a friendly debate in another post arguing that Alizee looks innocent in this interview. I think wholesome is an excellent description. I hadn't thought of that word for her in a long time. Thanks severianb.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:10 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

ok... its hard for me to understand all things... but here is my opinion:

I think that Alizée and Mylene have good relations (ok, it can be that not so good as before but still good )
and I think so only for 1 thing - Mylene had right for Ali artistic name, she had it all the time during Ali silence and then she "sold" it for 1€ to Ali.
Why would Mylene do it, when they would have no relations? Mylene could find another young girl, give her name "Alizée" and continue in her "lolita" projects
but she didnt do that

And like Jennifer said in one interview, Alizée is very good person - you can see it when she send 1 Psyché CD to Mylene and LB...

you can or not agree with me... thats just my opinion

Last edited by Karin; 02-01-2011 at 06:17 PM..
Old 03-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Understanding Alizée's Lolita phase better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
...I reiterate: the point is not that she was aware of the full extent of the sexual nature of her image (although she does confirm in the interview that she was aware from the beginning), the point is that she acted, from the very beginning, like she didn’t know or didn’t understand.
I have always thought Alizée was much more intelligent than the average person. Many years ago, when she told us that Madonna was a favorite of her father, and that she had listened to Madonna's songs since she was a little girl, I also surmised that there was no archaic attitude in her household about "protecting" her from learning about the world.

Therefore, I would be surprised to hear that Alizée ever had any difficulty understanding both meanings of Mylène's songs. Further, I am surprised that any well-read fan thinks she did, because in at least one of her early interviews, she explicitly talked about the songs having one meaning for adults, and another for children, using almost exactly those words.
Aside: One can certainly learn things outside formal educational settings, but that is not to say that having accomplished tutors is of no value. Because she is so very intelligent, I am saddened by the thought that Alizée's family and career pressures have terribly compromised her freedom to enjoy the now-common luxury of intensive study during young adulthood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Concerning ML more specifically...
Here is a translation that might help understand the complexity of the task, and, importantly, it comes with footnotes. I do not agree with many of the interpretations and I think the author of the post pushes many concepts a bit far (to say the least), but nevertheless, it does reveal many of the hidden double-entente.

[Beware, explicit sexual content]
http://www.mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?t=1690
Concerning these offered translations:
10. My name is Lolita
11. Aqua vitae, Deluge of Love

14. I see them all
15. ready to spurt on me
I will repeat an observation I made a year ago that an acronym for Alizée Jacotey is Y a éclatez joie. My French is not good, but I think that is not improper French and means There is a burst of joy in English. I am amazed that Mylène Farmer's powers are so awesome she managed to influence the naming of a child in 1984 that she would not meet for another 15+ years!

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-28-2011 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: add regret about loss opportunity to learn
Old 03-28-2011, 10:48 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
I have always thought Alizée was much more intelligent than the average person. Many years ago, when she told us that Madonna was a favorite of her father, and that she had listened to Madonna's songs since she was a little girl, I also surmised that there was no archaic attitude in her household about "protecting" her from learning about the world.

Therefore, I would be surprised to hear that Alizée ever had any difficulty understanding both meanings of Mylène's songs. Further, I am surprised that any well-read fan thinks she did, because in at least one of her early interviews, she explicitly talked about the songs having one meaning for adults, and another for children, using almost exactly those words...

I remember a similar discussion about 3 years ago. At that time there was also some division of opinion.

I happen to beleive that she knew some, but not all, of the double meanings.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I happen to beleive that she knew some, but not all, of the double meanings.
I'm sure of that. I was in the military and I learned so much there, that I probably would have taken me years to learn in civilian life, and after I got out, there was still a lot more to learn. So I'm sure that maybe though she thought she might have understood everything at the time, she learned a lot more later on.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-29-2011 at 04:38 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

I think you can see that even though Alizee was merely fifteen, or was it sixteen? .. Even though she was young, she was bright, and she still is.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was looking through some of the posts on MFI and I came across this one by Kiouty who looks to be a young woman and who is a mod for the forum. She had been a member since oct, 2003. This post was in august 2007 and of course Psych came out in december.

"Here's a translation of what's been posted by LKB on the MFIC forum. Very interesting read, that explains a lot.

Here we go.

I will begin with you giving you my source, so you understand that it is really reliable. Since 7th grade (or 6th or 8th ) I am in the same class as Jérémy Chatelain's sister, and my family is really close to the whole Chatelain family, and thus of Alizée. What I mean with "my family" is mostly my uncle, who is best friend with them (Alizée's parents I guess). He even went on winter hollydays with the Chatelain family, Alizée and Anny-Lee. I get along well with her sister, we have known each other since our childhood, and she happens to trust me and sometimes tells me stuff. Up to you to consider if what she says is reliable or not, because some people I told about what she said thought she was just saying what she said to make herself interesting. I personally totally trust her, since she is very close to Alizée (she often goes shopping with Alizée at the Evry 2 mall. So it's up to the people to believe what she said or not. (I often go to the Evry 2 mall, I hate the place, but it's close to my work. I can't imagine Alizée going there though, the people around are just crappy and creepy).

Regarding Mylène and Alizée's relationship, it's really weird to read that they still get along very well, because, from what I know, it's totally the opposite. Alizée is mad at Mylène for several reasons.
The first one is this story of the double meanings in the songs. Yeah, it seems unbelievable, but Alizée didn't really fully understand what she was singing "je donne ma langue aux chats", "des défilés de doigts", "j'ai dans la gorge une épine". And when Jérémy made her see it (ie how some ofthe songs had a hidden sexual meaning), she didn't like it at all. First point.

Then, Alizée is mad at Mylène for money business. I won't say too much about this, but I can say the following : Alizée thinks Mylène made a lot of money using her, and ripping her off. This is totally normal though, as Mylène was the producer and songwriter. And also, it seems like Laurent's music isn't appreciated by Alizée any more. The Chatelain family and her don't restrain themselves from saying out loud that until now, she was singing "CRAPPY pop music". This is an Alizée quote sthat her sister reported me...

Regarding Alizée's return, I have a lot less info, as they want to keep everything secret.
Regarding the content, there will be many changes, a sound that is more rock oriented, featuring Jérémy Chatelain, Jean Fauque, Daniel Darc. There will be a song about Romeo and Juliette (like it was mentioned in some newsletters of whatever sites, except that I was told about this a long long long time ago, I even posted this piece of info on the forum at the time). One song will start with the following line : "La mélancolie dans le collimateur...", a song with "rap" style, but sung by Alizée in a regular way (not like rap).

OK, I said everything I knew..."

Now one of the answering posts was by Snatcher, aka Ben? who said LKB is not a very reliable source of info, but interesting enough, he said there would not be a song about Romeo and Juliet on the album and wasn't that what Mademoiselle Juliette was?

But we know so little for sure about went on. Every thing we hear has to be taken with a grain of salt. I think we are all mature enough ( though several of us including myself haven't acted that way at times) to read all the posts and determine for ourselves what we think really happened between MF and LB and the lyrics. What I have determined is that I'll probably never really know for sure. Maybe someday Alizee will write a book (wouldn't that be awesome).

It was also interesting to read through some of the posts. It's very clear that several of these fans are both Alizee and MF fans. But some of them have more or less said Alizee better not say anything bad about Mylene. So it's clear to see where their loyalties belong.

Here's a picture of the Evry mall. It' about 17 miles south of Paris. It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like it's a creepy place. Maybe Alizee had to go to out of the way places to keep her privacy.

EDIT:

Here's another comment I found posted by the same mod in response to someone else's post about Alizee.

Is all the alizee-forum crowd going to register here in order to pollute the discussions with their Alizée defence league ?

Like I mentioned before, these people were clearly MF fans first.

EDIT: I probably shouldn't have made this post. The more I read into it, the more depressed I get and I think a lot of people here tend to get a lot more depressed than I do. I think I know what Aaronius was talking about in the other thread when he discovered things of a negative nature here. But it explains to me now, when I wonder where all those fans went who were screaming and reaching out for Alizee at all her shows.They just were sticking with their first love. In a case like this, I want to know all the facts and I try to inform others so they'll know other versions of the story,but maybe that's the wrong approach for this forum.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-29-2011 at 10:09 PM..