Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-13-2008, 06:19 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Quote from my introduction. Over a year has passed and my feelings have not changed, but she has returned and I will be forever grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbeam View Post
Hello,

I am a new member of the forum. If you will indulge me, I believe this is the only place to express my feeling with others who will understand.

A few months ago I was viewing videos on Youtube and stumbled upon Alizee performing J'en Ai Marre. I was stunned - Who was this vision? More videos, reading her bio, watching interviews. Then I had the chance to watch her live DVD. Her eyes, voice, the way she moves and interacts with the audience. She is wonderful!

I am too realistic to say I love someone I really don't know, but I can truthfully say I adore her.

This reality, this life I had not been aware, has unfolded before me these last few months. A talented, lovely child who grows into the beautiful, captivating young woman on the DVD.

Recently, I have seen pictures of her with her baby, and even if she decides never to perform or release a CD again (how I hope she does), if she decides to spend the rest of her life loving her husband and children, all I can do is thank her for this treasure of joy that she has given me. I wish her every happiness she can dream.

lowbeam
Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

hey Corrsgirl welcome to the site.

like alot of other americans here, i discovered her via the internet. her La Isla Bonita video was posted on some website about some random hot girls. this was way back in May of '06, been a fan ever since.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 PM

suzybananasplit is on a distinguished road

I found out about Alizee from World of Warcraft. I was looking at a t-shirt with a night elf on it, and someone commented that their dance was based on a real person. A french pop singer named Alizee. I youtube'd her and fell in love.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

In mid-2005, I was browsing around an online video site, and ran in to the well known JEAM performance. As I had taken some French in school, I was interested in trying to figure out what the lyrics meant, so I started working on a translation. I ran in to trouble with "courgettes" (I thought it was slang for something, I didn't realize she was being literal), and in my quest for info about the meaning, I found other materials of hers, listened to them, liked them, and voila. New fan made.

Last edited by Cooney; 01-14-2008 at 12:12 AM..
Old 01-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzybananasplit View Post
I found out about Alizee from World of Warcraft. I was looking at a t-shirt with a night elf on it, and someone commented that their dance was based on a real person. A french pop singer named Alizee. I youtube'd her and fell in love.
Same, I found her by playing that dumb game. I watched the youtube dancing video and found it was her along with John Travolta and the human dance, which rocked haha. But on a serious note I wish I had found her a different way so one day if I meet Alizée and she asks where I found her from I could have said I herd from a friend or I was randomly looking through French Pop Music.

Now that you think of it, my sister who is a Madonna fan showed me La Isla Bonita, Lili style. Some years ago this was. So I guess I can say that.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Heard Gourmandises on last.fm
Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

I too found her from playing World of Warcraft. I was looking up easter eggs in the game and one was telling about who was the actual artist that the night elf dance is based off of. There was a link to the JEAM video and I really liked it so I looked up some more and I loved everything I heard. I joined this forum after a few months after finding out about Alizée.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:44 PM

BlackAdder is on a distinguished road

I found her through World of Warcraft as well. (Still love playing that game). I heard a few people that play talking about how all the dances were based on RL people. My son did some digging and found a video that had them all listed out. We both found Alizee's music to be captivating.

I did some research and found more music and video's she had done and both of us are now fans. I am thankful to WOW for introducing me, as I would probably would have never learned about her otherwise.

She has a truly special talent...I hope she never gives up on her dreams.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdder View Post
My son did some digging and found a video that had them all listed out. We both found Alizee's music to be captivating.
Now that's something special!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:43 AM

ZachLovesAlizée is on a distinguished road

i went on azures and searched for sexy, got a link saying sexy french girl, nice ass, it was the jen ai marre music vid, eventualy found out after further study it was alizee and been a fan scince