Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-29-2019, 06:02 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
MJ's tarnishing of his legacy had nothing to do with his skin color. He gave the tabloids plenty to write about by his bizarre behavior. MJ hanging his baby out the window outside of the safety gate is enough to get your child taken away and having a psych evaluation ordered if he was just a regular guy. A lot of his fans chose to just look the other way, but many saw it for what it was. He also seemed terrified of growing old based upon all the nips and tucks his face was receiving, the estate he created, and the friends he chose to hang out with. His substance abuse problem might have hinged on coping with his fears. But he's gone now and as time passes, people will forget the bizarre and just look back on his music. Look at Elvis Presley. Nobody scrutinizes his life anymore, but his music is probably more popular now that when he was alive.
The baby incident occurred in 2002 by which time he was already a pariah. While it is certainly really dangerous, he had his arm underneath both of Prince's arms. What you call "bizarre" behavior was simply coping with the abuse he suffered as a kid. The substance abuse problem (addiction to painkillers) "hinged" on the 2nd and 3rd degree burns he suffered on his scalp from the Pepsi commercial. All of the above and the level of fame that he reached wreaked havoc on his mental health, and yet the more one learns about him, the more normal he seems. The more his life makes sense. As a child, he had to put childhood aside and work incessantly to learn and master the craft of performance and show business. As an adult, it's only logical that he would make himself a retreat where he could be a kid. It's a strange paradox, but he tried to make it work.

Lastly, it's a shame that his skin began losing its pigmentation to the point where he had to even it out with light makeup or with skin cream to avoid having to put full on cake makeup every day. Without it, even despite a few cosmetic surgeries, he actually changed very little:

http://www.instagram.com/p/BTXHqPqjgqG/
The infamous red carpet *flash* picture that made everyone think he really bleached his skin white vs at the same event under normal lighting

http://www.instagram.com/p/BldeG02hsRu/
Comparison of his face and skin in 1990 vs 1997

http://www.instagram.com/p/BubUhHLDTvc/
Similar portraits of his face in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s

Photoshop representation if his skin had not lost pigment, on a 00s photo vs 80s photo
Old 05-30-2019, 04:25 AM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
The baby incident occurred in 2002 by which time he was already a pariah. While it is certainly really dangerous, he had his arm underneath both of Prince's arms. What you call "bizarre" behavior was simply coping with the abuse he suffered as a kid. The substance abuse problem (addiction to painkillers) "hinged" on the 2nd and 3rd degree burns he suffered on his scalp from the Pepsi commercial. All of the above and the level of fame that he reached wreaked havoc on his mental health, and yet the more one learns about him, the more normal he seems. The more his life makes sense. As a child, he had to put childhood aside and work incessantly to learn and master the craft of performance and show business. As an adult, it's only logical that he would make himself a retreat where he could be a kid. It's a strange paradox, but he tried to make it work.

Lastly, it's a shame that his skin began losing its pigmentation to the point where he had to even it out with light makeup or with skin cream to avoid having to put full on cake makeup every day.
Fall, I know you are a big MJ fan and I am not out to slam him but I'm not going to give him a Free Pass either.

It is true he put up with a lot of abuse as a child. His father called him "big nose" which obviously caused a lifelong obsession. But really there is no justification for hanging your kid off a balcony, and I would feel the same if the baby was in a harness. I am also biased on this matter. When my older son was 9 yo, he and a friend took my younger son of 4 and dangled him upside down off the second story bedroom window "for fun". Each was holding an ankle. After the fact, the older convinced the younger not to say anything to mom or dad about it. I only found out about it after they were grown in their 20's at a family get-together. The older confessed the story and laughed about it. The younger still doesn't think it was funny. He was scared sh*tless.

But I digress.

By the way, I know a hair surgeon that worked on MJ's hair a few times, putting in implants. I was good friends with him and his wife in Texas and they moved to Beverly Hills where he started his practice. He was exceedingly good at what he did and worked on a good number of celebs. I was a little surprised about MJ but then I remembered the Pepsi commercial. I think also he was naturally balding as well.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:22 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As far as MJ, as an artist, he was incredibly talented. As a person, I think I'll sit this one out.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:27 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Fall, I know you are a big MJ fan and I am not out to slam him but I'm not going to give him a Free Pass either.

It is true he put up with a lot of abuse as a child. His father called him "big nose" which obviously caused a lifelong obsession. But really there is no justification for hanging your kid off a balcony, and I would feel the same if the baby was in a harness. I am also biased on this matter. When my older son was 9 yo, he and a friend took my younger son of 4 and dangled him upside down off the second story bedroom window "for fun". Each was holding an ankle. After the fact, the older convinced the younger not to say anything to mom or dad about it. I only found out about it after they were grown in their 20's at a family get-together. The older confessed the story and laughed about it. The younger still doesn't think it was funny. He was scared sh*tless.

But I digress.

By the way, I know a hair surgeon that worked on MJ's hair a few times, putting in implants. I was good friends with him and his wife in Texas and they moved to Beverly Hills where he started his practice. He was exceedingly good at what he did and worked on a good number of celebs. I was a little surprised about MJ but then I remembered the Pepsi commercial. I think also he was naturally balding as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as MJ, as an artist, he was incredibly talented. As a person, I think I'll sit this one out.
I could talk about this topic all day, and I think it would be best to not hijack the thread and take this to PMs instead. My AAm inbox is full but you both have my email and Messenger inboxes, and we'll let the Alizée pictures resume
Old 05-31-2019, 06:05 AM

Old 06-01-2019, 04:30 AM

Old 06-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

.................................................. ......
Old 06-01-2019, 04:29 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebert057 View Post

I've never seen this photo before, it must have been taken early in Alizee's career--no tats and very short hair. Even so, she doesn't look that young.

Scruffydog's autograph video has hit 113,000 views

A nice remix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3dgbLoXWY

An interesting version of Moi Lolita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQw7WldCfE

We had discussed the gloomy state of French music. Today I came across this. It's not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZkID-4GnQ0

Last edited by Shepherd; 06-01-2019 at 04:33 PM..
Old 06-01-2019, 06:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That's Madame Mufraggi in the background.